COVID-19 Policies & Practices
Dear Valued Patients, Colleagues, and Friends,
It is with great compassion for those affected and a sincere hope for our future, that Tri Valley Oral Surgery is pleased to inform you of the enhancements we have made to maintain our offices as a safe haven for patients in need of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
We recognize the magnitude of recent events and its seemingly perpetual impact on life as we know it, and in particular, on the medical community. Our group was founded on the notion of fostering the optimal patient experience, each and every time – and that ideal still remains our top priority – today and always. It is our obligation and greatest concern to ensure that our patients, team members, and any individual that passes through our doors knows they are safe and cared for, inside and out of our office.
As such, we have introduced enhanced safety measures in three key areas – within our offices, through our team members, and most importantly, for our patients:
INFECTION CONTROL HAS ALWAYS BEEN A TOP PRIORITY AND SOMETHING WE HAVE TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY. THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE. EVERY SURFACE IN EVERY OFFICE IS CAREFULLY TENDED TO, THROUGHOUT EACH DAY.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL, has always meant ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL. COUNT ON THAT.
Our offices –
- All Tri Valley Oral Surgery locations have invested in new equipment and technology to meet and exceed CDC, WHO, OSHA, and ADA recommendations, as well as state DOH mandates. We have installed the leading air filtration and purification systems to aggressively address airborne particle removal and cyclical air turnover to ensure the highest air quality throughout our facilities.
- After each patient presents in our office, we fog the areas with Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) which is 80-times more effective than chlorine bleach, but made from water and salt.
- For our patients requiring Nitrous Oxide and/or Intravenous Sedation, we have implemented single patient use, disposable, nasal hoods and tubing, which not only offers improved infection control, but are much lighter, are lower profile, and are more comfortable than the ones traditionally used in dental offices across the country.
- In reception, we have installed front desk acrylic barriers as an auxiliary safety measure to protect patients and team members, pre- and post-procedure. With these partitions in place and ongoing infection control, we are offering the safest environment possible, in our offices, for our patients and team members alike.
Our team members –
- A significant part of creating a safe setting for our patients to receive treatment is making sure our team members feel safe and comfortable. To that point, we have implemented strict PPE protocol, to guarantee that our team members are protected at all times.
- We require each team member to utilize a N95 or KN95 mask, surgical mask, face shield, hair protection, and a disposable gown – and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. From the onset of the pandemic, going forward, we carefully monitor the health of our employees daily. Strict protocols are in place into ensuring our team is healthy for the safety of themselves, our team as a whole, their families, and our patients.
Our patients –
- As always, we appreciate your loyalty and trust in choosing us as your provider and for that reason, we are exceedingly committed to our promise of the optimal patient experience, each and every time.
- To further optimize the patient experience with us, we will continue vigilant pre-screening for patients, fewer, more spaced appointments, clear reception areas and social distancing regulations are firmly in place in every aspect of our offices, as well.
- And, for those patients seeking an alternative to in-person visits, we have launched telehealth appointments at Tri Valley Oral Surgery. If you’d like to take advantage of this offering , you can request a virtual appointment.
From before there was a Tri Valley Oral Surgery, we made a promise to offer our patients the very best, and we will never stray from that belief – no matter what the circumstances are. We know these are difficult times, but have been here throughout and with your trust; we will remain a safe and trusted resource for years to come.
Thank you for your continued support and choosing us as your provider. We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy, and we wish everyone well.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps